Wednesday, March 12, 2008

30 Weeks...

I'm really beginning to wonder where the time is going? It feels like I only did my 29 week post yesterday! Specially as there's still quite a few things to do in preparation for the bub.

Physically I'm well. Still eating the iron tablets. Interestingly enough, no matter how many and often I take them, the most obvious physical sign you've been on iron supplements still hasn't happened. Odd. (It's all a bit TMI to post really... but yeah nada on the symptoms of high iron intake)

Sleeping = tricky at times though. Some nights I just cannot get settled. Too hot/cold/thirsty/hungry/achy/busy thinking to sleep well. And then there are the nights I'm just overtired, and that makes it harder to sleep! Why is it being exhausted and overtired automatically makes it harder to go to sleep? I'll never understand that!

Bubby is ginormous, and so strong. Sometimes when I get kicks/rolls/whatever my whole body moves now! I will totally miss having this bump!

On the home front, I am still trying to pretend dishes will do themselves, and focusing on getting things nice for the baby. I have washed all of the clothes and dried them in the sun so they smell beautiful. I can't believe how many teeny tiny gorgeous little things I have already!

Oh, and my sling came today too! It's a front carry one that I can use from square one, a reclining style so that I don't have to wait till bubby gets neck control before using it. Which is great, I want to have that little bub snuggled against me as soon as possible!

I do however still have a looooong shopping list of things to get, nothing on that list is too big, just a million little things, soap, nappy wipes, plastic crates for storage, that sort of stuff.

As I mentioned last week I went looking at a different hospital to have the baby in, which was GREAT! I'm switching, and hiring a doula. I have my first session with her in a coupla weeks, helping me prepare physically and mentally for labour. I can't begin to explain how calm and relieved I feel now. Knowing that my options for birth will be paid attention to (Old place's response to birth plans was basically 'well that's nice but don't really expect anyone to pay much attention to it') and that there will be an experienced person to support me and Fungus the whole time is great. Plus the birth centre where I am switching to is in the same hospital where I was born and there is something just so 'right' about delivering the baby in the same place. It just makes sense and feels like a complete circle to me.

However I think it's bedtime (or very close to anyway) I'll catch up next week!

Miranda xxo

1 comment:

¨˜°ºð darklilminx 𺰘¨ said...

hey gorgeous,
try burning some lavender in your room before going to sleep, it will relax you. I've got a couple of things you can use which i'll give to you on sunday when we finally catch up! Good to hear that you've found somewhere a little more worthy of having the little fungus spawn lol. I'm so excited for you both! If there is anything i can do to help let me know

love liz xo