Wednesday, April 8, 2009

10 Months and 5 Days

And Zeke is now walking!

We were practising standing alone (which he can do when you help stand up then let go) and I was sitting about 3 1/2 feet in front of him, with Ryan helping him. I held out my arms and said "come to mummy" expecting Zeke to drop and crawl to me.

Guess he had other ideas! Zeke leaned forward, shuffled his feet a couple of times, and then all of a sudden went step, step, step, plonk and fell straight into my arms! I turned him round and Ryan called him, back he went, step, step, step plonk!

He did this back and forth game 5 or 6 times, including with time out to get Ryan's camera working so we could record this awesomeness! So far his record is 3.5 feet and 6 steps! We will be practising this often.

Holy crap I'm the mother of a toddler! On the other hand, isn't he supposed to do this later?

No comments: